September 29, 2017. With the first meeting of the fall season over, it’s time to look ahead at upcoming events and to reflect on the activities of the PEI Chapter of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association over the past months. You can read the newest edition of our newsletter, The Listening Post, here…..CHHA PEI Newsletter Summer Fall 2017
In the coming months we will:
- Tour the province with presentations related to our newest publication “Pardon Me, What Did You Say? A Guide to Navigating in the Hard of Hearing World”.
- Host a seminar on “Demystifying Cochlear Implants” on October 14, a special event with Dr. Morris of Halifax. A modest fee of $20 is charged for this session to help pay for real time captioning.
- Continue building awareness with the legal community in improving communications with the hard of hearing.
- We have pins for sale for $2 each. See our newsletter for more details.
- Charitable donations are always welcome to help fund the activities of the chapter. We have no employees, and all work is done on a volunteer basis.
Other upcoming events:
- With the help of a grant from the Senior Secretariat we are planning a seminar next spring on “Living With Tinnitus”. If you have ideas for other topics of interest to the hard of hearing community, please let us know either by commenting on this blog or by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
- Our neighbours in Moncton are hosting the second Hearing Health New Brunswick day on October 20 at Casino New Brunswick. This is a free event. For more information and registration, see https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hearing-health-new-brunswick-2017-tickets-37369421947.
- Next meeting of CHHA PEI is October 31 at the North Tryon Presbyterian Church in North Tryon, starting at 9:30 am.
Please note that there will NOT be speech reading classes this fall, due to insufficient enrollment. If you are interested in enrolling in the next available session, let us know.
Do you have a tip or story to share? Let us know! Comments can be made on this blog, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Daria Valkenburg