Let Them Hear! In a hearing loop system, speech signals are circulated through a wire installed around an area. The signal is detected directly by a telecoil in a hearing aid or and cochlear implant, or through another assistance listening device equipped with a telecoil. A clearer, more intelligible sound is heard and background noise is greatly reduced.
The following sites on Prince Edward Island have had a hearing loop installed according to IEC60118 international installation standards:
- South Shore United Church in Tryon – Hearing loop access is available in the two banks of pews going down the centre aisle. Address: #85 Route 10, Tryon PE C0B 1A0.
- West River United Church in Cornwall – Hearing loop access is available throughout the sanctuary. Address: 9 Cornwall Rd, Cornwall PE C0A 1H0.
- Charlottetown City Hall Council Chambers – Hearing loop access is available in the public area of the council chambers at 199 Queen St, Charlottetown PE C1A 4B7.
- Charlottetown City Hall Reception Desk – Hearing loop access is available at the reception desk at 199 Queen St, Charlottetown PE C1A 4B7.
- Charlottetown City Hall Billing Desk – Hearing loop access is available at the billing desk at 199 Queen St, Charlottetown PE C1A 4B7.